Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mrs is always cold, with the nights drawing in and temperatures starting to drop, she wants the heating on all the time, even when the windows are open to let fresh air in so it's not stuffy.

Who decides when the heating comes on in your house?

If these women vacuumed a bit faster, maybe they wouldn't feel the cold so much and save us guys money and be kinder to the environment!

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Windows open, she's wearing vest top and skimpy nickers and she's got the heating on, oh and news on in the background just telling me energy bills to go up by 20% by 2016..................................

·
Registered
212 Posts
Buy her another coat from charity shop. And for Christmas a hat & scarf set!
That will save you a packet (if you are still married!):thumbs:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
We have a thermometer in the sitting room. If it gets below a certain temperature the heating goes on.

The trouble is I can be fine at 20ºC but the other half can be cold. :lol:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thermometer? Please don't start me off. Does a woman understand a thermometer? Yes, it needs to be at MAX (30degrees) all the time according to them. Same way the air-con has to be cranked to MAX in the Summer time, arrgghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Thermometer? Please don't start me off. Does a woman understand a thermometer? Yes, it needs to be at MAX (30degrees) all the time according to them. Same way the air-con has to be cranked to MAX in the Summer time, arrgghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but... :cheese::lol:

I know exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
If its one of those dials with a brass type front and a little triangle cut out peel of the brass bit, turn it clockwise and then restick it, will look like max when its really about 25.
Did the opposite at a place I used to work the boss would always turn it down to 20, my workmate & I would be bloody freezing in the winter but not after we modded the stat :lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
hay i think we have discovered something here, women must all feel the cold first, because our house is warm and she is shivering, but no way is the heating going on yet.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
We are having this same arguement at home. Him working in a garage with big doors always open means he doesn't feel the cold same as me. I just have blankets and big jumpers dotted around the house. Heating goes on in November in this house unless its really cold or kids are having a bath.

He calls me a soft southerner but I swear it is colder up here than in London.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I went from being in credit with my gas to owing them £200 in the space of 2 months!!!

Only found out why when i came home from work early one evening to find my sister, who was newly lodging with me, literally sitting in the fire with it on full blast!!!!!

I eat my steaks less well done than she was!!!! :)

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Funilly enough I went to see my Mum earlier.

Their house was freezing, all of the windows were open and my dad said its "Bl**dy cold".

My mum says "well I am hot".

She is at that age when her hormones are playing her up.

V

·
0 Posts
both my neighbours must have there heating on full constantly and as a result my house doesn't get cold, even in the depths on darkest january maybe only for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to say the opposite, my neighbours are real tight, they never switch their heating on, so consequently I'm heating their house too................................

·
Registered
926 Posts
..... and why do they have to fiddle with the thermostat :confused: We agreed it's cold, we've turned on the heating, changing the thermostat setting to MAX will make no difference whatsoever to how quickly the house heats up. It's the same in the car :mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts