Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 156 and have just disconnected the battery whilst installing a new radio and when I reconnected it the heating will no longer go hot !! It just seems to be stuck on cold !!

I have used the exsisting wiring harness that was on the old radio so I didnt need to disconnect really but too late now damage is done but does anyone have a suggestion on where to start ??:cry:

L

·
0 Posts
air con or non air con?

if non, check that the cable/s of the stereo is not interfering with the control cables for the heater. the control cables are ilke cables used on the brakes of a pushbike

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
I have a 156 and have just disconnected the battery whilst installing a new radio and when I reconnected it the heating will no longer go hot !! It just seems to be stuck on cold !!

I have used the exsisting wiring harness that was on the old radio so I didnt need to disconnect really but too late now damage is done but does anyone have a suggestion on where to start ??:cry:
i think what happened is this ...connecting your battery has confused your ventilation system so i would disconnect battery and reconnect it ....... job done

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its air con but ive checked all the cables and they are not touching anything and at the moment i need a re gas. I have read various posts about heating faults and some ppl suggesting a reset procedure, is it possible that I have activated this by disconnecting the battery ?? and another thing I have read is the motorised control unit could it likely that this has gone faulty by this reset procedure ??

DAMN ALFA !!! :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave I will give it go in a minute and let you know but have a read of my last post and see if it could be those ive described

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Its air con but ive checked all the cables and they are not touching anything and at the moment i need a re gas. I have read various posts about heating faults and some ppl suggesting a reset procedure, is it possible that I have activated this by disconnecting the battery ?? and another thing I have read is the motorised control unit could it likely that this has gone faulty by this reset procedure ??

DAMN ALFA !!! :mad:
just remove earth and reconnect it and it should be okay :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just disconnected the battery again and still no change but what I have noticed is when I start the car there is a delay on the blowers for them to work and its about 10 to 15 seconds !! I feel now that something more serious has happened but what it is I dont know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All sorted now but the next problem has emerged !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now have no indicators no wipers no electric windows and the blowers has stop working !!!!!
can these all be linked to one fault or is the car goosed ??

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
i would check your battery connections are clean and tight and leads going to positive post are all good ...this check done with earth disconnected

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if your still having problems ..disconnect your stereo you installed and see if you still have same issues
Hi Dave ive already removed the stereo as i was fixing the heateing problem it was whilst I was putting it all back together that it all went off, Ive looked over everything and cant see why they would all go off together

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi Dave ive already removed the stereo as i was fixing the heateing problem it was whilst I was putting it all back together that it all went off, Ive looked over everything and cant see why they would all go off together
you better check carefully ,,,even fuses

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you better check carefully ,,,even fuses
I have had every fuse out the car its looking like it could be an earthing issue :cry:

the HW swich can be reconnected wrong and I fear that when i blew the fuse I may of done something else but what I dont know as of yet !!!!:cry::mad::cry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts