Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

"Credit where credit's due", I've always thought, and so I feel I ought to give these guys a big, public slap on the back for the work they performed today on my GTV. I chose them based upon reviews on this site and was not disappointed; Alfie (the Italian owner) and his team were polite, professional, offered my a courtesy car FOC and came in right on their quoted figure. This was for a full cambelt/variator service on my Twin Spark.

It's a murky world out there sometimes with people willing to rip you off given half a chance - I made an 80 mile round trip to go to the garage and recommend them to anyone living in the NW/West Midlands who's looking for a garage they can trust.

Cheers!

Ed.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Im planning on using them next year for my 147's next cam belt/timing belt/variator change!

Shame they wont do weekends!

·
Registered
179 Posts
How much was the full belt change if you don't mind me asking? Will be getting mine done soon and seeing as he has a courtesy car thats even better!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Good to know of another trustworthy independent near me at home :thumbs:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They charged £500 for the full service, which included all belts, tensioner, variator, oil change, etc., as well as a few other niggling things. You can pay a lot less with some places but once you take into account the cost of the parts it's obvious they're not doing the full treatment.

Alfie is ex-Mangoletsi, is Italian himself and knows these cars inside out - highly recommended!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ed , nice to hear someone happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the work they have had done at any alfa garage, this site can be a bit doom and gloom sometimes, like some members only seem to log when they are p***** off.

i think a lot of members are killing the marque with all the moaning they do, any potential alfa buyers are going to run a mile if they looked on this site, for advice before buying.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
But people are more likely to complain than praise though arent they?

I think if you look there are plenty of posts praising the cars and various garages!

·
0 Posts
Ed , nice to hear someone happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the work they have had done at any alfa garage, this site can be a bit doom and gloom sometimes, like some members only seem to log when they are p***** off.

i think a lot of members are killing the marque with all the moaning they do, any potential alfa buyers are going to run a mile if they looked on this site, for advice before buying.
+1 to that - too many join just to whinge :tut:

·
Registered
384 Posts
But people are more likely to complain than praise though arent they?

I think if you look there are plenty of posts praising the cars and various garages!

maybe that is your `scope on things`?

v6jon agree`s with me.

i just wish members would give credit where credit is due a bit more.

there are loads more negative comments than positive ones.

my point is.

any members that slag off there own car, sell it and never log onto this site again. you will not be missed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
How much was the full belt change if you don't mind me asking? Will be getting mine done soon and seeing as he has a courtesy car thats even better!
They just did my 1.8TS 156 for a little over £300 without Variator (not required according to Alfie). Very happy and well worth the trip down from Lancaster. Definately recommend them and will be back for my next service.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
i just wish members would give credit where credit is due a bit more.
If you take a look at the 'stickys' for recommended independents and main agents, I think you'll find plenty of positive stuff there.

Generally the Forum is extremely helpful for passing on useful information, whether technical or indeed finding a good outlet to look after your Alfa.

However experience always tells us that some folks out there will rip you off, may give you false information, or indeed both. Neither is the marque entirely flawless either. It is, imho, a flawed gem. It is both intriguing and at times frustrating at the same time.

Given this mix, you may come across anything and everything when owning an Alfa Romeo. But despite this and 'the moans', it's all better than the relentless washine machines, the revolting smelly French wobblers that pass for a car, the sterile low-rent Vauxhalls, and the totally ubiquitous common-as-muck Fords.

Is that moany enough for you, or would you like me to proceed further??:lol: :lol: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts