Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like all i do on here is ask for help lol

Does anyone have any idea why my heater only works on no 4 and not 1 2 or 3 both hot and cold. It's prob something simple but i cant fathom it out.

Any help would be great.

Jonno

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
If you are talking about the fan speeds then yes. Speed 4 is full speed and does not go through the resistor pack. Mine had only full speed but that was because the previous owner had fed the motor a direct earth as the switch is u/s! The resistor pack is behind the fan in the passenger footwell. An easy fix.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
On this resistor pack there is a Thermal Fuse attached which feeds the supply to the resistors. This can and does fail. You can put a wire link in to bypass this but if it has failed ( and in general Thermal Fuses are not that robust and do fail for no real reason ) it's best to replace it with the correct one from somewhere like Maplins.

These fuses are rated by Temperature which is written on it but the writing is unlikely to still be legible after a few years use. The rating is also indicated by a coloured band.

I'm willing to bet that lots and lots of resistor packs have been scrapped because this fuse which costs less than a £1.00, has not been checked and replaced as required.

Sorry, but I can't remember what temperature is needed for this application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts