Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
It seems the heater is stuck on hot. It's a phase 3. I might change the heater controls. Any other ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Probably the actuating motor on the side of the heater. Remove the carpeted side panel in the driver's footwell to access.

You can see two motors here -

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums...control unit/2011-09-26_11-20-25_DSC_0004.jpg

They are the devices with the paper barcode. One is temperature the other is air direction. Swap them over and if you can then change temperature but not direction, you've found the fault.

The same motors are used on some Vauxhalls if you want a trip around your local scrap yard.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Aren't heaters supposed to be hot :'D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a follow up to this, I think it's nice to hear a problem solved. I tried switching the actuator plugs around. Nothing changed. So I bought a replacement heater control unit of eBay for £20 and swopped it over. It seems to have solved the problem. The second hand unit seems to have different coloured lights, doh, also one of the bulbs has gone. I'll change at some point. They screw out of the back. Taking the old one apart, is a mass of chips and circuit boards! I dread to think how much they cost new! Thanks for all the advice guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts