Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya everyone,

It does get pretty hot in the car, heater knob at 18 ish and its hot, have to get it right down for a bit and comeback slowly. Could be +8 or - 6, same thing.
Its better when stuck in traffic, mostly happen when driving along.
156 2001 sportwagon, thermostat been change few weeks ago

thanks

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Sorry can you explain. The car is hot inside or the engine is hot?

·
Registered
726 Posts
I am having exactly the same problem and 2 replacement panels it still doesn't regulate the air temp. And yes it has a fully functioning coolant thermostat and yes the outside air temp is working correctly. Come on someone on here must know the fix.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Do you both have dual zone? There is an inside temp sensor too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes dual climate control. I have had three climate control panels and I cleaned the air temp sensor and the motor in all three runs and you can hear it. The air temp flaps do move, when you step down the air temp from 28c to 19.5 you can hear them and see them move both air temp flaps but then all of a sudden the air flaps go back up to maximum heat. It will only blow ice cold air when set at low.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Mine's the same.....i now just put up with 2 temps:

For cold.....put it all the way to Lo...and turn off the air conditioner

For warm...one click forward to 60F...... :lol:

Ah,the joys of Alfa...i've learned to put up with them.......Unless it's life or death !!

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Yes dual climate control. I have had three climate control panels and I cleaned the air temp sensor and the motor in all three runs and you can hear it. The air temp flaps do move, when you step down the air temp from 28c to 19.5 you can hear them and see them move both air temp flaps but then all of a sudden the air flaps go back up to maximum heat. It will only blow ice cold air when set at low.
faulty panel .............

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Could be an issue with the flap motors. Long shot I know.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Good idea, I will swap them over and do another reset and hopefully fingers crossed it should work, if not then I will book it into for diagnostics. My 147 never gave me any of this jip! Lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, glad to hear i am not the only one :)

Battery been disconnected few time, no dual climate for me.
i am very toasty in my Alfa :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
The guide which you refer to is not for this problem and is for the pre facelift mono climate control. Cheers for the above link anyhow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts