Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it difficult to change the heater fan in a 155 (2.0 16v)?

Mine's getting a bit noisy - sounds like the bearings are on the way out.

Thanks!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Absolute doddle although you do need to be able to reverse your head on it's neck!!

It's in the front passenger footwell, pull all the carpets out the way if needed and you'll see a large drum about 150mm diameter. There is one small securing screw and then you turn the whole thing like a light bulb. Out it pops and undo the connection.

Try oiling it as this might work but otherwise get a scrap one as they are quite expensive...over a ton from memory!!

wrinx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was noisy a wcouple of months ago, due to a worn bearing and shaft at the impellor end.

I stripped the motor and swapped the bearings from one end to the other (averaging the clearance). This is a fiddly job but can be done.

Reassembled and oiled its working perfectly, touch wood.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I can tackle the job with confidernce now (gulp.....!) :)

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I assume that the resistor that controls fan speeds is the same on all models, if anyone knows different let me know. Also how difficult is it to change/fix

san

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
sanitary said:
I assume that the resistor that controls fan speeds is the same on all models, if anyone knows different let me know. Also how difficult is it to change/fix

san
Yeah mine needs doing too, also the fan likes to start squeeking/chirping after a while :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
AlfaJack said:
Yeah mine needs doing too, also the fan likes to start squeeking/chirping after a while :rolleyes: :confused:
Only found out mine wasn't working properly after I got the aircon regassed and would only work on full blast, atleast it doesn't squeak, thats reserved for something else :rolleyes:

san

1 - 7 of 7 Posts