Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,all on my 99 2lt my heater fan has stop working, on my screen message reads,[a/c fault contact workshop] i had replace the fan last year, ive been searching the forum for a thread that one off the menbers submitted,HE/SHE posted links showing wiring faults on the 166, can anyone point me to this member,cant find the thread,or tell me where i can obtain a fan, thanks:confused:

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
HI,all on my 99 2lt my heater fan has stop working, on my screen message reads,[a/c fault contact workshop] i had replace the fan last year, ive been searching the forum for a thread that one off the menbers submitted,HE/SHE posted links showing wiring faults on the 166, can anyone point me to this member,cant find the thread,or tell me where i can obtain a fan, thanks:confused:
New or second hand fan?

Pomeo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, i replace the fam with a used one, i would consider a used one from a late low milage car, any susgestion

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
HI, i replace the fam with a used one, i would consider a used one from a late low milage car, any susgestion
That's the price you pay stoney for fitting a used one BUT given the fact that new ones are hard to find it will become a common problem ..Unless ofcourse someone finds a seam for new ones.I did email a factory that mnade them new but got no reply.

Good luck
Pomeo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WELL, SAT. MORNING GOTUP, AND HAD A LOOK @ MY STOP FAN,GOOD NEWS,FUSES OK AND AFTER SOME POKEING AROUND MANAGE TO FAN GOING,SEAM TO HAVE A LOSE FITTING PLUG{ELECTRICAL} NOW SORTED, THANKS TO ALL MENBERS WHO REPLY TO MY POST ,:cheese:I AM NOW BACK IN THE WARN, POMEO THANKS

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
WELL, SAT. MORNING GOTUP, AND HAD A LOOK @ MY STOP FAN,GOOD NEWS,FUSES OK AND AFTER SOME POKEING AROUND MANAGE TO FAN GOING,SEAM TO HAVE A LOSE FITTING PLUG{ELECTRICAL} NOW SORTED, THANKS TO ALL MENBERS WHO REPLY TO MY POST ,:cheese:I AM NOW BACK IN THE WARN, POMEO THANKS
Sorry I couldnae assist further.the only connection that I know of is the one where the fan connects to the loom at the wiper scuttle panel.
Pomeos went on fire/smoke.
Laceys just expired.
Pomeos new fan did not work in pomeo (requires more fault finding...still to start..even after 5 fanless winters just drove lacey )worked in Lacey so she got new fan.

Some have had problems in the wiring at the fusesat the pollen filter area but as I say I have never went that deep.

Was your connection problem at the fan connector or the fuse.?
Well done onyway stoneage.

Pomeo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts