Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please help me? My dad has a '94 155, 1.8 twinspark.

The heater fan has never worked on position 4 since he bought the car (4 years ago). However, recently the first three positions have broken, but the fourth position now works???? seriously weird I know. However, after a few second of working on 4, the fuse will then blow. Has anyone got the slightest idea what could be causing this, and what could be done about it? Is there a resistor box somewhere that controls the different speeds of the motor, or could it just need lubrication? Also, any ideas how to get the motor out? Basically, anything would be appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I can't really offer any help, but i have a similar problem.
My heater fan ONLY works on position 4!
I tried to take a closer look, but gave up after taking more screws out of the dash than i knew what to do with. I've had no problems with the fuses though, it's allways worked, just only on number 4, it's been that way since i bought the car.
Something's probably burnt out someway along the line, as to why both our heater's only work on number 4 is a mystery to me too!

I think it's electrical rather than mechanical, hope someone can help.

Regards,

A.H

·
Registered
447 Posts
I will bring salvation!!!

There is indeed a resistor box and the resistors are broken, had the same prob, my brother also, replacement part is inexpensive, about 14,87 euro,
it is mounted behind the glove compartment, if you lay down in the passenger seat with your head under the dash and your feet in the air you will be able to spot it, it's about 5X4cm and there are some wires connected to it, it's been held into place with 2 screws

enjoy the backbreaking experience

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Da Londo, will have a look on Saturday. And do you think the alfa bug is genetic? cos I have a 33 now, and I am hooked! Eddie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
its obvious this is not an isolated alfa problem,,if your fan works or you test it by hotwiring it and your heater fuse is ok,then because your heater works intermittantly or when it feels like it,,just like mine,its more than likely the switch,,ie behind your 4 position heater swich,,i have replaced mine twice in 3 years,at 60 pound a shot,,also put a scond hand one on,lasted about two months,,you have to dismantle half the dash to get at it,its a cheap piece of junk so dont try to fix it ,clean the iside like i did,,worked for a while then went again,just buy a new one,,good luck,merefalow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts