Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just a little bit of advice from my adventures today, I've had no ac / heat in my spider since I baught it, I was advised by a few people that it could be the heater motor control resister, but when i went to remove it I noticed that it was warm, this means that it's actually doing its job as the heat is a byproduct of it resisting the current as it converts it.
Next thing to check was if the fan motor had seized, gave it a wiggle and a push with the car on and still nada, last thing I did was to take out the fan motor, and I found that there were three rubber clips keeping the main housing on, I pushed them in with a screwdriver and wiggled the housing off (be careful when doing this as there are some electrics attached between the two)

The issue I found was that the bushes in the motor are spring loaded, and they weren't giving a good enough connection to get the fan going, gave them a wiggle with a screwdriver and pushed the spring along a little, fit it back into the car and it's now working great!
I hope that this can be useful to someone and hopefully save you a bit of cash! Sorry I'm not a mechanic just an Alfa loving enthusiast so i may well have used some of the terms incorrectly!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Good to hear that you got it sorted.

Reactions: Matthewvb
1 - 3 of 3 Posts