Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
the heater control on my 99 SW doesn't seem to alter the direction of airflow, can't warm my toes up :(
is it an electrically controlled unit? any clues where to start looking?
climate seems to work fine, just the direction thing. i can only get air blown through the facia vents

·
Registered
208 Posts
Apparently (havn't checked) aftermarket radios are bigger and push on the pipes and jam the flaps, could that be the prob? Mine does the same, been meaning to fit a spacer, or cut a chunk out the back of the radio!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently (havn't checked) aftermarket radios are bigger and push on the pipes and jam the flaps, could that be the prob? Mine does the same, been meaning to fit a spacer, or cut a chunk out the back of the radio!
:rolleyes: interesting you mention that chris. only had the car since saturday, never noticed the heater problem until today, and guess what..........i changed the cd player to an aftermarket one yesterday :rolleyes:
will check it out in the morning, pull it out and see if that helps :thumbs: sounds like too much of a coincidence to not be the case :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
took the radio out this morning, didn't seem to be fouling anything :confused:
the control unit that houses the 3 controls is purely electrical though, no cables or pipes coming off it to get trapped :rolleyes: or is the fault in the heater unit itself :confused:

which pipes do you mean chris, i couldn't see anything resembling that in there behind the radio :confused:

i took the console cover out this dinnertime to have a look, also cleaned a heap of fluff from the temperature sensor which can't have been helping the climate readings. but the unit simply has an electrical plug and nothing else :confused:

the control unit actually changed direction on the way home tonight, felt the warm air on my feet which was nice :D i'm wondering about changing the complete 3 dial control unit for a known working one, if anyone has one for sale??? easy enough to change and worth a try, unless anything else can be at fault :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts