Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all,

I have just bought a 156, non air con, S (1998) reg. I have discovered that the air blower only blows out of the face vents, not on demist or foot wells. The control dial turns ok but does not change the direction of air. Can anybody assist me please, many thaks in advance. Andy K

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi there

Firstly take out your stereo and check that the wire is connected to the push rod move this back and forth this should change fan direction, sometimes these kink try straightining the wire very gingerly. There should be a small sprung section on the end this clips onto the rear of your fan controls a few minutites fumbling about blind should do it hjey presto all is well agian.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi xxhazydaysxx

Thanks very much for your reply, I am off work on Fri and will try your suggestion then. I will update you with my hopefully successful results.

Many Thanks

Andy K

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi xxhazydaysxx

Managed to open demist vents but was unable to re connect wire to control dial. also managed to lock my radio out while putting the radio back in, must of been touching the buttons on the front while putting it in. dont have a code either. A ideas?

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you have the owners book it is usually inside this failing that, it will need to be decoded. You can try online CAR RADIO CODES INSTANT ONLINE SERVICE this will only work if you are sure the radio has not been recoded before.
Has the wire snapped or is it still got a sprung loop on the end if so keep trying not an easy job. If it has snapped to the stealers for a new push rod.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi xxhazydaysxx

Sorted radio all good now:lol: Yes the sprung loop is still on the end, I thought I had connected it at one stage but it came off again. Now that I know how to get to it I wil find it easier next time. I will have another try next week and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your advice it has helped me get the demist vent working and that was my main goal, hard to see when screen is misty. Once againmany thanks for now and let you know what happens next week:cheese:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi to All,

Sorted heater fan, new resistor, sorted radio code all working, tried to fix cable back onto rear of controller, ooooops, snapped off spring but managed to set with blower onto screen and a little in footwell, this wll do fine but is there an easy fix to replace the cable.

Many Thanks for all your help :thumbs:

Andy K

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi xxhazydaysxx,

Please see my last post. Thanks for your help it all worked. Car is working great, keeping fingers crossed.

Many thanks :thumbs:

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts