Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst starting the job of removing the black goo from my centre console I noticed a slight weep of coolant from my heater control valve, so now need to replace it.

Before I contact my local Alfa dealership to check if you can still order a heater control valve **** for the Phase 1 Twinnie just wanted to check if anyone has used this after market part that is available to buy on eBay for £11.37 including postage please see http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252300797198?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT or does anyone have details of any alternative suppliers?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
James May: "request permission to say 'oh ****'" :lol:

That looks like an Uno heater valve, listed as "****" in the parts catalogue. I remember working out that there were two designs - the sliding-shutter design, and the mushroom-shaped rotating-plate design. The first one is in white plastic and the second is black - it's larger, of course :D

-Alex

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As James May would say Oh XOCK!

Contacted my local Alfa dealer and the Heater Valve XOCK part no. 7754042 is no longer available to order. Guess I'll be trying out the eBay aftermarket one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As James May would say Oh XOCK!

Contacted my local Alfa dealer and the Heater Valve XOCK part no. 7754042 is no longer available to order. Guess I'll be trying out the eBay aftermarket one.
After contacting my local dealer decided to give Mangoletsi Parts Dept a call as well, again they did not have any stock, as it's no longer a UK stocked part, but they were really helpful and did a nationwide dealer search. This did prove fruitful and showed that just 1 dealer did have 1 Xock showing in their stock.

A quick phone call to this dealer confirmed they had one in stock and I have now ordered it. Hopefully this one will last another 19 years like the original one did and I won't need to worry about it again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts