Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,I have my dream alfa 156.can anybody help,i was changing a courtesy light bulb when i blew a fuse.I replaced the fuse .Now my problem is that all my air from the heater control unit goes to the floor.No matter what setting it wont clear my windscreen,it just blows air to the floor,anybody help?

M

·
0 Posts
welcome to AO James...

someone should be along in a mo to help you out

all the best...

mike

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Disconnect the -ve from battery for an hour and try again (make sure you have the radio code)

The climate is intelligent and can need reset at times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
have similar prob. in 159 - mostly driver`s side run-outs effected (left hand). reason - one of the two vents. is dead.
before going so deep - double check fuses in charge and run cj`s idea (there is a need for min 3 minutes interval btwn
connecting battery and ignition test)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello cj,i tried disconnecting the battery for 1 hour .It didnt do anything.I cant clear fog from my windscreen ,very hard to drive.It was working perfect until the fuse went.I checked fuses below steering wheel they all ok?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Are there any noises from the heating system actuators when you have the ignition on, it tends to hum and clunk as it sorts itself out?

If there is nothing at all, check the fuses under the wheel and behind the clocks as well as in the engine bay - I dont know which do the job.

Also go back to where you were before and make sure all plugs are secure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you've air con put that on to clear the screen (even with heat it acts as a dehumidifier), may take a few mins if you can't direct the air to the screen. Good luck in storting it.
cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts