Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heater control on my 156 JTD 20v seems to want to change temperature all on its own (raising the temperature) and is then difficult to adjust back. Has anybody else experienced this and know how to resolve it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You have just had what my heater unit started to do on my v6, it will turn up but wont go the other way on the drivers side twistything. Is it the facelift heater? I got a used one from ebay to replace with. 25ish quid. Just hope that quells the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly whats happening. Yes it is the facelift version. Was it a straightforward job to change. Many thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It is currently sitting ontop of the scanner however you need to take out the radio and there are 4 screws. Two in the ash tray area and 2 behind the radio. 4 connectors hook up for power and data. The circular one is a bit of a bast but it will come ot with some persistence.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I was sure this had come up before with a potentially cheap and easy fix. After a bit of searching (it wasn't easy so I'm not surprised you didn't find it), I found this old thread: Heater Control Panel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts