Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have broken the flap, what can I do? Can this be replaced with the heaterbox still in or does it need to come out to replace or does the whole heaterbox need replacing?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If your heater box is incorporates the A/C evaporator, there's no room for diassembling when the box is
in it's place. IMHO this is stands for the standard heaterboxes as well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes. You will need to split the two halves to replace the pivoting flap, and to do that you need to lift it out of position, or the mounting bolts will still be located in the bulkhead.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No AC, lol it doesnt get hot enough and often enough here.
Great news :( I have heard that is a PITA, a job for the summer me thinks.
Anoyone got the flap?
Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If the flap that you refer to is the one that directs air between the windscreen and the center vents then you must drop the dashboard and replace the whole box of air distribution

The diffuser is mounted on the dashboard and it is located on the back of it thus dropping the dashboard is one way solution.
If the feet air distribution works fine and no air is expelled from the other vents then you heater box works fine and the problem lies on the dashboard diffuser.

Regards

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
alfa engineers!!

Sometimes they don't make our life easy.

I think the non A/C unit is easier no? Just the heat coil and fan inside. Not sure.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was planning on swapping the dash in the future as mine has cracks in it, I was also thinking of getting it flocked, I will do it in one job. I will get a second hand one, I bet after replacing the unit it will start to leak. Maybe I will be better off getting another unit and removing the parts I need for my very low mileage unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts