Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I fitted a dashcam to my G using a fuse tap into F31 as suggested elsewhere on here. It may be a coincidence, but since then my heater and fan don't work, and today I noticed that the power socket by the handbrake and also the one in the boot don't work. I'm puzzled as their fuses are in the engine bay but F31 is under the dash. I've read that replacing the blower is a nightmare to fix because of where it is so I'm hoping it's something simple. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Might be worth checking one of the master fuses, F83, for example. Not saying that is the one but worth a look along with similar fuses.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't that affect lots of things though? Just checked and swapped F85 & F86 just in case and disconnected battery for 10 mins but nothing changed except I had to reset date and time and got loads of warnings about VDC, steering etc but power sockets and heater still not working. Fuses were intact anyway so can't be that ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've sorted it! Swapped fuse F36 as read that someone had blown that one fitting a 2din screen and it took out the heater. Tried it with a brand new fuse and heater controls didn't even come on, so swapped it back, disconnected the fuse tap and put the fuse that was in that back in fuse board and hey presto everything works! Then put fuse tap back in and now heater,12v sockets and dashcam all operational. Don't know if this was because I'd disconnected the battery earlier of because I'd reseated the fuses but at least it's all working! This car drives me mental sometimes (bit like my wife!) but I wouldn't part with her or the car cos I love 'em to bits ! Lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts