Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its starting to get a lil' bit cold now and i was wondering, can i get hold of any heated seats for 159??? dont wana spend a lot, an then ill have to get rid of ones in car now. iv got a black interior at mo. would like to have the TI front seats though.....:inlove:

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
it's a nice idea, although I don't know if you can just get the front seats! It's probably easier to buy a 159 with them already

·
Registered
254 Posts
You don't need to get TI seats to get heated ones - I have them in my Lusso. Very nice in the winter, especially with a diesel that takes a bit longer to warm up than a petrol!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Am I right in thinking it's not just as simple as swapping the seats over. The canbus system means the new seats would need to be programmed in otherwise you'll get the flashing odometer.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Heated seats worth it, speaking from experience. Useful safety aid 'cos you can have the climate control lower on a long drive but keep warm using the heated seat.

I ordered a Vectra as a co car in 2002 (co wouldn't have Italian so I chose the biggest depreciating car I could find). Ordered with heated seats but delivered without. Dealer told me all models had heating elements and wiring, all you have to do is add the switches. Not sure if this works on the 159 though bearing in mind the switch is in the seat surround.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The warmer the air, the less alert you are, so if the seats keep you warm you can keep the air cooler & be more alert. I had a 1964 Land Rover with no heating, I can safely say it was impossible to doze off!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I had a 1964 Land Rover with no heating, I can safely say it was impossible to doze off!
I'm not 100% but I probably couldn't sleep if I climbed into an industrial sized tumble dryer either!:D

Oh one helpful post, it looks a bit fiddly but if you wanted, it looks like you could remove the seat, dismantle it from underneath and slip a couple of these underneath the trim, but above the cushion.

I've looked at the workshop manual, but can't for the life of me work out which one is live, but one of them should be, i suspect others could help! But i'll take a look when I put my car back together...then you could discretely put the switch into the seat trim where the backrest angle adjusting knob is!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, now it's bloody freezing I'm getting the chance to try out my heated seats.

How long should they take to warm up? My commute is about 15mins and at the moment I can't really tell if I'm getting anything from the drivers side? I tested the passengers one and it got warm in that time, but not massively.

Also, I'm assuming 3 is the hottest? Couldn't find a reference to it in the manual.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the heated seats on my Ti, and they work a charm! You should feel like you have wet yourself after about 2 minutes max! :) Seriously mate I don't think your drivers one is working...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Mine are warm within a minute or so, roasting hot within 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I have the standard heated Ti seats in mine and it takes at least 5 mins to gradually get up to temp. But stick it on number 3 it'll burn the skin off your buttocks !!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I've just checked the fuses for the heated seats and they're fine.

My passenger one gets 'warmer', but it's barely noticeable. The driver's just does nothing.

Any suggestions before I give the garage a ring?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts