Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still having a problem with my heated seats. Have replaced the fuse twice now.

They work first time of trying, then once they are off and try to restart again it's gone and the fuse is blown... can anyone give any suggestions?

I'm going to take a multimeter to it this weekend to see if it gives away any clues.

It's evidently not the switches since they operate when I put the new fuse in first time. I hope it's not the cushions or the heating coils in the seat itself?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Mine have acted weird since new, the switch lights up OK but the seats sometimes take a long time to warm up. Sometimes they don't warm up at all, but when they do work it gives a nice toasty feeling :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
cranester, I had the identical problem to yours...

Turned out that the wiring loom had to be replaced for the driver side and whilst that was done, the side air bag cable which runs next to it was also burnt out so had to have a new air bag....pricey, but least I know everything's working again.

I initially tried using a higher rated fuse(risky yes..) so maybe that's what burnt out the air bag too -who knows!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cranester, I had the identical problem to yours...

Turned out that the wiring loom had to be replaced for the driver side and whilst that was done, the side air bag cable which runs next to it was also burnt out so had to have a new air bag....pricey, but least I know everything's working again.

I initially tried using a higher rated fuse(risky yes..) so maybe that's what burnt out the air bag too -who knows!
Oh no!

How much did it cost you to fix?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think i've gotten to the root of the problem. There's a break in the element on the back rest of the seat... blows the fuse every time you press down on it.

Grr.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, any idea how much a new seat with heated element in it would cost? Leather...

Can't see any other way of fixing it, cos you can't just take the covers off the seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
have just installed leather seats off eBay to replace worn cloth seats and have noticed that they have a heater switch, the originals didn't have this feature my question is will they work when the underseat connectors are joined or is there further wiring involved?
thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah , interested in this too . and Im sure I saw somewhere that the elements etc can be purchased .. Wonder if they can be retro fitted to regular seats ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts