Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade a few of the features on my other half's 147 1.6TS Collezione.

I've purchased the bits to install cruise control, and the next one on the list is heated seats.

The easiest method would be to buy a set of heated seats from another 147, however she has tan seats currently in really good condition as the car is only on 58K, and most of the seats I've seen on ebay are not as good quality (also heated seat models aren't that common on ebay unfortunately).

The second method would be to remove the seats and pull off all the leather, install heated seat wiring things and then refit the leather. I've got no idea how hard this job would be so was hoping someone with some experience could advise if this is doable?

If anyone on the forum is breaking a 147 with tan heated seats please let me know as we will take them.

Alternatively, if anyone's got heated seats fitted they never use and would be willing to swap with cash your way then send me a message.

Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
its a lot easier than it seems at first glance :)

Carbon element kit for both seats can be had for around £45-60 and then its just a case of remove the seat, take your time easing the covers away so you can install the heater pads. Run the wiring in and fit the switches to suit where you want them. Wiring should be under the seat area to tap into to power it up, just might have to add relay and fuse to liven the power feed up...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts