Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a technical post so hopefully ok. I just wanted to mention that if anybody is interested in getting heated seats fitted to their G then Paul Mitchell of Car Connections (also known as The Only Way is Custom) is your man, if you happen to be in the right loacation. Based in Ipswich Paul travelled over to fit on site at my house in in Gloucestershire. I have a Giulietta QV Launch Edition which does not have heated seats. Strangely all UK LE's seem to be devoid of bose and heated seats (this has been confirmed by Alfa Romeo UK), where as European and Australian ones seem to all have them. I have a back problem and previous cars have had heated seats which is a huge benefit. Paul put the switches in the same place as the option for the Giulietta QV and charged £435 fitted for both front seats (the other four quotes I had were all nearly £100 more expensive, wanted me to take the car to them, and one company even wanted £400 per seat!). The job was very good quality and he was done in just over 2 hours. Highly recommended and they work a treat. Looks like I now have the only LE in the UK with heated seats 👍

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks smart. Better than some factory buttons I've seen.

Guess it's high, low and middle for off?

Tempting.

Got a link for the fitter, I tried to search but failed.

Maybe he can do a auxiliary heater too, then bring on winter 😉

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speak to Paul Mitchell from here: http://www.theonlywayiscustom.co.uk/

Yes settings are low, high and off in the middle. Low has a green led and high is red. He will wire it in so is only on when ignition is on. Installation has a heater pad under your arse and one for your back. Been using it the last few days and is a great addition.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Speak to Paul Mitchell from here: Bespoke Car Interiors & Exterior Design | The Only Way Is Custom

Yes settings are low, high and off in the middle. Low has a green led and high is red. He will wire it in so is only on when ignition is on. Installation has a heater pad under your arse and one for your back. Been using it the last few days and is a great addition.
I have the cut outs for the factory buttons - this mod will look factory in mine :thumbs:

·
Registered
214 Posts
The heat pads, relays, wires and switches are available off ebay for about £25-£35 depending on style of switch.
Keep thinking of getting a set and doing it to my car... Had heated seats in the Mito and do miss them lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not 100% sure but possibly from the seatbelt pretensioners. That rings a bell and can't think where else it would be from.
Yikes, hopefully not!! Dont mess with those...

There is a big high amperage power feed available on the fuse box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts