Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 car the switches for the heated seats are tucked under the front arm rest, this makes them horrible to try and press and almost impossible to look and see if they're on whilst driving ( obviously I can feel the drivers one working after a few mins )

Annoyingly it looks like there's a perfect space for them in the row of buttons on the climate control panel, but I'm guessing that firstly they don't fit, and secondly there's too much 'stuff' in the unit already to be able to feed the extra wiring through.

Do different years have them in different places, or has anyone ever moved them to a more user friendly non-standard position?

It just seems that their location is a complete afterthought and not very user friendly at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My MiTo comes without armrest. MiTo is such a lovely car but many things about my MiTo make me think about how they could have made things better:

1. I have a Lusso heated leather seat but without arm rest. I was thinking to install an armrest but the switch is on the way. I thought of moving the switch. Do let me know if you come across a solution.

2. I want to install a after market Bluetooth player with a front facing usb connector. Problem is, it means I will have to install a microphone and I have no idea how to do this neatly. If I can get a 2din player with a built-in microphone, I will be so grateful.

3. Then the idea that the boot opens remotely but does not lift up drives me nuts.

4. Then there is a problem of the fuel cap lid. It opens and locks well but the key is difficult to pull out. It will eventually come out with some pulling force.

5. Then the doors. They are solid built but Alfa messed it up by putting the pulling handle too far to the front making it inconvenient when coming out of the car especially near a parked car. You need to control the door when coming out of the car otherwise the door will touch the other car.

I hope some of you enthusiasts have done something about some of these and can share your thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts