Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!!

Can anybody come up with a heated rear window relay/timer gadget for me '93 155. Mine's missing! A new one is, er, feckin' expensive. Anybody know the whereabouts of another or is it the same as the the Tipo/Tempra/Brava/Bravo/164 unit?

Thanks

Oliver :cool:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Post the part number if you can and I`ll check. cant find the damn thing anywhere on the parts CD. Model of 155 would help too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris..

Me car is a '93 2.0 8v. The part # off the cd is: 60545405. It is common to the new shape GTV and Spider as well. It is listed here as $135 (@ GBP 50)! See what I mean by expensive!!

Thanks

Oliver

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
If thats the right number (and it looks it) the price here is less than £20GBP !! If you know the old one doesnt work, ripp it apart and try to find some ratingswritten inside it. Chances are its a pretty standard shape and size and that a stock part from a local car electrical shop will do the job.
Any probs, let me know, I`ll buy one and ship it to you, cost will probably still be less than £30GBP !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris!

Thanks fella! It isn't a standard relay as it has a timer in it to turn the window heater off after 20 mins, hence the special part number. Otherwise I would just get a 30A relay from the auto electician. I guess it could be mailed here for GPB 4or5. I will consider your offer over night and get back to you. Thank you very much.

Oliver

ps: The part number is confirmed as about GBP20?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I had a look at my car ('97 1.8 16v) and the relay in there is a standard fitting 12v 27A timer relay - I reckon you should be able to pick one up for around 5 - 10 GBP. I'll have a look around and let you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Richward!!

It aint a standard relay. The workshop manual CLEARLY shows a timer circuit inside the housing for the relay.

Thank you anyway for your reply.

Oliver

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems a lot of money for a timer eek!
If the pins are the same as a basic relay I think I'd save the money and remember to turn the damn thing off :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mike.

I think it is the timer bit that helps make it expensive. You cant use a standard on as the timer holds the circuit on. The switch is not an on/off switch. It is only a push button. Would be nice tho!!!

Oliver

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you explain why the switch is not an "on/off" type, I always switch mine off as soon as the window clears, well before the timer kicks in.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The switch is a momentary type- ie not latching. Turning the heater on or off delivers a pulse to the timer relay- turning the heater on starts the timer, turning it off cancels the timer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I ve noticed this as well. In my ex-Lancia Dedra it was an on-off switch on the right stick in the steering column. So I would switch it on (like comes on on the dashboard) and then switch it off when it was clear.

This switch does not engage anywhere, so I do not know how to switch it off once it is on....???
And also I do not get a light on my dashboard the first time I switch it on.

DO YOU GUYS?...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Antonios

I get a light when pressing the switch. Presuming your rear screen works it could be the bulb has gone, have look in the dash pod, only two screws to remove it.

To switch it off just press the button again.......but without a light how do you know when its off wink

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Antonios,

You should be able to hear the relay click as you switch the heated window on or off. When you turn the ignition switch off the heated window will drop out anyway and stay off untill you switch it on again. If your Lancia had the 'no click' switch, what year was it?

Anybody near a wrecker that deals in these Italian things from which to extract a relay for me???? Please???? I don't have one!!!!!

Thanks

Oliver

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chris:
If thats the right number (and it looks it) the price here is less than £20GBP !! Any probs, let me know, I`ll buy one and ship it to you, cost will probably still be less than £30GBP !
Looks like a source has been found :D

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Dedra was K-93 and had a proper on-off switch, like the fog lights switch as the left stick in the 155. When I put in on the light in the dash would come on.

I do not know if it had a realy/timer, as I always switched it of about 10 minutes after.

I am getting no light in the 155. I will check the dashboard. If I put my ear close to the relay/fuse box and switch it on as you guys say, should I be able to hear anything from the box?

Maybe that's am easier check.

Anyway, who needs this? It is summer!!!!....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts