Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can explain why I get heated air through the dashboard vents while the ICS climate system is switched off. It's obviously engine-heated air and is being pushed through by the car's forward movement, ie there's no flow while stationary. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wondering if anyone can explain why I get heated air through the dashboard vents while the ICS climate system is switched off. It's obviously engine-heated air and is being pushed through by the car's forward movement, ie there's no flow while stationary. Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks in anticipation.
Mine has no ram air effect like that. When I turn the heater off, I can hear the motor stop and I can hear a "flap" close somewhere on the heater box. I am guessing your flap ain't closing. Sounds hard to fix if you ask me, as access isn't great. Someone else on hear might have had some experience but I haven't needed to touch mine yet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The flap isn’t closing properly. It’s right under the right hand side window wiper. Remove wiper, scuttle panel and the flap can be seen right in front of you. There’s a small stepper motor that does the work and it moves a small arm. This was the problem for me because the lever the arm pushes had cracked at the end so when the motor was operating the flap its arm would go too far and fall out if the slot in the lever.
I’ll see if I can find some pictures.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for those responses, guys - and the pic. I will get that sussed out.

Reactions: FAssarsson
1 - 5 of 5 Posts