Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my youth I built several bikes starting with a chassis and adding parts as I could afford them but never converting cars. As some of you know I have a 2000 TS with full cup kit that has been in dry storage for 6 years. Lately I have been itching to get it back on the road so had it Mot'd and it passed. Next is a full respray but I also want to transplant a V6 in as well. I have heard of a 3.0 being fitted but would a 3.2 go in with no problems. I understand the V6 suspension would also be needed but what else would I need from the donor vehicle? If anyone on here has done a similar transplant and paid a decent Alfa mechanic to do the work what's a ball park figure? If this goes ahead I will have a 66k 2.0 TS engine and suspension including new EBC drilled and grooved discs + upgraded pads for sale, all vgc. Any advice gratefully received:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Stu, it's been talked about a lot on here, anything is possible if you have the time &/or money. I can't see the 3.2 being a problem; it's in the Ph 3.

Loads of bits will need changing but I think your main challenge will be fitting a V6 engine electrical wiring harness. I'm not sure about the ABS pump & controller as well.

The standard reply to this is.... just buy yourself a V6 - probably not bad advice in the long run.

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stu, it's been talked about a lot on here, anything is possible if you have the time &/or money. I can't see the 3.2 being a problem; it's in the Ph 3.

Loads of bits will need changing but I think your main challenge will be fitting a V6 engine electrical wiring harness. I'm not sure about the ABS pump & controller as well.

The standard reply to this is.... just buy yourself a V6 - probably not bad advice in the long run.
Already have a Vela Blue 1999 V6 with a few mods and great body, bluestyle interior, for driving. Want to improve the other to more of a show standard/ weekend driver. Appreciate what you say though

Reactions: Matt GTV

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Think you'd need new air con pipes too as they'd route differently.

Oil cooler as well.

Sounds a lot of hassle, maybe just turbo the TS.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You will need a V6 speedo/ rev counter pod, so that the rev counter does not over read by 50%

You’ll need he V6 main ecu and paired immobiliser ecu and key/ lock set (you won’t need the latter if you have the immobiliser chip from the donor brown master key to program your current keys)

Front sub frames are different between TS & V6

All engine ancillaries like alternator, starter motor, inlet pipes and exhaust down pipes and catalysts, all sensors etc, engine bay loom etc etc

Power steering pump and condenser and pipes

So basically you need a donor car with all those bits

Good luck ?

(Apologies if I’ve repeated other replies)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts