Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day and night. Best hotel ever seen as it had a hose and got to wash all our cars with it:D

I would like to say thanks to everyone who came and the made the effort. Ye all made it a great meet being here. It was great to meet everyone.

Sorry for losing some of ye pulling out from the Hotel. But we all meet again thankfully:)

I hit a fine sump basher of a bump on the Gap lol:cheese: :cheese:

My pictures are being uploaded as I go.

·
Administrator
87,776 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Just in the door. Great Day out lads!

Had an incident of the way home though and lost a driveshaft outside togher :rolleyes:

Roadside repairs in an alfa. Who'd have thought :lol:

·
Registered
763 Posts
got back around 8!!!

Good day out :)
will post pics tomorrow.

BTW - who was driving the mito?

Got held up on the return between kenmare and killarney - bunch of muppets doing 30kph 'cos they can't drive in the dark.
Soz for leaving you behine mossie - saw the straight and had enough - put right foot down and passed the lot of ye - didn't lift for another few miles.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, a brilliant weekend, thanks again Damien for organising it.
No problem. I can only set a date etc it's the people that come along that make it memorable and an enjoyable weekend. Thanks again for taking the time out and the massive drive some of ye have had.

Just in the door. Great Day out lads!

Had an incident of the way home though and lost a driveshaft outside togher :rolleyes:

Roadside repairs in an alfa. Who'd have thought :lol:
Good man Frank:D That yoke sounds mint:D It's louder than mine car :D

Sorry to hear about the Alfa doing itself in. I'm glad you got her going again.

got back around 8!!!

Good day out :)
will post pics tomorrow.

BTW - who was driving the mito?

Got held up on the return between kenmare and killarney - bunch of muppets doing 30kph 'cos they can't drive in the dark.
Soz for leaving you behine mossie - saw the straight and had enough - put right foot down and passed the lot of ye - didn't lift for another few miles.

Join the club on the people not being able to drive. I had a fella in a Yaris(he must have been frightened because of the recall they have) doing 60kph on the best road of the day coming fro Dunmanway to Inshannon. Was wrecking my head he was all over the road.

My car was too slow and I didn't know the road well enough to be passing him.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mad aint it that they can't drive when it gets dark. I prefer driving at night least you know if something is coming or not by the lights.

@ Lee your a leg for getting the Champagne too ya lunatic. I forgot to say thanks for that:) Much appreciated.

·
Administrator
87,776 Posts
Great day lads, Can't wait till the next one. Sorry I didn't get to talk to ye all :eek: but the day just seemed to go so fast, next time :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya the day did go really quickly. I didn't get to talk to as many people for as long as I would have liked either but I think everyone had a good time:)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Got back at 7.30, that new stretch of road out of Cork to Dublin really makes a difference...!

Good to see everybody, and their cars!

Look forward to the next one....

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Cork to Dublin is fierce quick now alright, just make sure ya have the €1.90 for the toll. Although supposedly if you drive really fast at it, it pops up to prevent a crash. I dont fancy chancing it mind you, you'd almost nip under it though in the spider.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, where ya hear that Daryl?? I'd try it in a heap of a car for the craic but somehow I can't believe it does.

At Cibo glad to hear you got home ok:D It's grand to get to Dublin now easily done in 2 hours with low traffic.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just in the door and I too had a bit of a bottom out as I left a shower of sparks from the 166 on moll's gap but it was a great weekend all round

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A bit. A bit, compared to me it was nothing, I actually slapped my car onto the floor:p Glad you got home bud. Your still a ******* though:p

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Hey Dave Glad you got home as well as everybody else:lol:

Bob won't be posting pictures for about 2 weeks as he's Otherwise engaged:lol:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Lol, where ya hear that Daryl?? I'd try it in a heap of a car for the craic but somehow I can't believe it does.
A buddy of a guy i work with has done it a few times. Also heard of an unrelated story of a guy having seen somebody do it. Still never going to try.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A buddy of a guy i work with has done it a few times. Also heard of an unrelated story of a guy having seen somebody do it. Still never going to try.
Lol, never knew that now. That would be hilarious to see.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts