Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Next two years my ar*e............They don't look 'temporary' to me.

Mind you it might stop the drivers horsing past you with that "Surely this speed restriction doesn't apply to me!?" expression on their face whilst you're trying to maintain 40mph through the roadworks.

In the same way they do at the 800yards...600yards...400yards.....200yards merge signs.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I think the M80 is going back on my "avoid at all costs" list. It was off for a while but I remember that terrible set of road works at the 50 limit which they seemed to have left the 50 limit in honor of the memory of the fiasco that was the road works that where there for about three years. and now there back with vengeance. I think the M80 is my most hated road

But get me started on those two 30 limits!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a real pain in the @rse for me, its the only way i can get into Glasgow, and i work there all the time, took me about 1hr 1/2 today :rant:

don't get me wrong, it should be good when its 'done', but I’m betting it will be a 50mph or a 60 max from Glasgow to the M876:cry:

so there'll be no point having bella anymore, you'll not be able to sh*t on them stoopid cars that drove through Halfords window with a gallon of glue thrown over them...
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!:p

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think the M80 is going back on my "avoid at all costs" list. It was off for a while but I remember that terrible set of road works at the 50 limit which they seemed to have left the 50 limit in honor of the memory of the fiasco that was the road works that where there for about three years. and now there back with vengeance. I think the M80 is my most hated road

But get me started on those two 30 limits!
Maybe an M80 stories thread?! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hate these bloody average speed cameras - everyone promptly slows down to at least ten mph lower than the advised speed "just to be safe".

·
Registered
777 Posts
That road is a real PITA at the mo. I use it every other day between Old Inns & Haggs. Out with rush hour, it is normally semi bearable. My big issue is with the HGV's sitting 2mm off your ar*e even when you are a bit above the posted limit. Do these guys not realise that their braking distance is vastly greater than me & other motorists & the chance of something happening is esp in such congested conditions is vastly increased.

Sorry to rant!!!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I doubt very much that the camera's are functional, not that I'm willing to test them BUT have a close look next time you're stuck in the traffic, very few are actually pointing where they should be pointing in order to read number plates.

Has anyone here heard of or seen evidence of someone receiving a ticket from average speed camera's in the UK?

I used the cruise control method too but would guess it's like the false alarm boxes some people have on their homes... a deterrent
:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts