Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

got a gt and the headlight aim seems to be quite low on the road does anyone know how to raise the beam (not by the switch on dash) so i can see more than 3 metres in front of my car???

pics would be great

thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
hi lift bonnet take rear cover off headlights held on by metal clips there is an adjuster in there you will need an allen key look in your manual instructions in there

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had the same problem with mine, on dip could hardly see in front of the car. I took it in to an MOT station and they adjusted it to the maximum possible - worth it to get it accurately calibrated.

Also changed the dip bulbs for some higher output (Ring I think?) that also helped improve things.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Also make sure the headlight bulbs are properly seated. So cheaper bulbs are not make to the same tolerances and don't locate into the slot(s) in the bulb holders. This throws the bulb pattern out as it hits the reflector in the wrong place.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Also make sure the headlight bulbs are properly seated. So cheaper bulbs are not make to the same tolerances and don't locate into the slot(s) in the bulb holders. This throws the bulb pattern out as it hits the reflector in the wrong place.
+1 i had that problem bought cheap bulbs off ebay and they failed the MOT due to the beam pattern being all over the place, some new proper bulbs and the problem was solved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts