Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the nights are drawing have decided to change and upgrade my headlight bulbs. With having such a big lump up front:cool: its dam hard to access the back of the lights to get at the bulbs. I was thinking that it might be easier to remove the headlights themselves as I want to change the foglights and the dipped because they are horrible yellow ones. One of the main beam bulbs went ping a while back and got them sorted with a pair of off road blue bulbs which are great. I cheated and took it to the local garage though! I am looking on Powerbulbs but if anyone has any suggestion as to where else are good am open to suggestions. I want some nice bright blue ones but legal ones!! Cheers:thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
philips blue vision are good, as are the philips vision plus. :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
philips blue vision are good, as are the philips vision plus. :)
I had the blue vision on my Pug but they weren't blue in the slightest:confused:

Have I got to take my bumper off to remove headlights?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
yes the bumper has to come off to remove the units. :eek:

You can do it with the lights in place. It just takes patience.

The blue vision aren't blue, but they are white.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Swap it for one with Xenons :evilgrin:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
So I take it you had the wiring amended to sort out the xenons? :( That is a shame. The Xenons are great.

The problem with fitting these xenon kits is that they are only really good with projector style headlights. As you no longer have these you would probably end up blinding other drivers quite easily.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I take it you had the wiring amended to sort out the xenons? :( That is a shame. The Xenons are great.

The problem with fitting these xenon kits is that they are only really good with projector style headlights. As you no longer have these you would probably end up blinding other drivers quite easily.
Yep the bloke I bought if off sorted all that for me. I would like xenons but carn't justify the price cus aren't they well expensive? just want to get some decent bulbs. Carn't really afford them just booked in for new cambelt and n/s driveshaft ready for out rolling road day

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Yep the bloke I bought if off sorted all that for me. I would like xenons but carn't justify the price cus aren't they well expensive? just want to get some decent bulbs. Carn't really afford them just booked in for new cambelt and n/s driveshaft ready for out rolling road day
The bulbs are about £80 but the mechanisms have been known to seize.

The unit itself (one side) is about £500. :wow:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bulbs are about £80 but the mechanisms have been known to seize.

The unit itself (one side) is about £500. :wow:
Yep thats too much! What do you reckon to the bulbs in previous post?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
I swear by the Philips bulbs. I have never used the PB ones.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Changed mine recently without taking units out or bumper off...... and it was a nightmare! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats what I thought! Unless you have hands like a girl I dont think you have any chance (not saying you have!) and paired with my short temper and lack of patience might be a recepie for disaster and smashed knuckles. Did you just put standard bulbs in or aftermarket?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
or .... have fingers like golum !!! :thumbs:

+1 to me!!!!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Without measuring :lol: I have fairly short fingers and chunky hands I suppose........so if you have long slimer hands/fingers it might be a bit easier, but yeah i was in a rush and the manual made it sound simple :rolleyes: .......took me ages getting the clip off on the drivers side i was furious and wish i'd never started! :confused:

Just got +30% Halfords bulbs......I hate having one out, so thought they had a good choice there and sometimes buy one get one free.
I was wrong they had neither, only their own make in upgrade bulbs or standard Bosch so I just got the cheapest of the upgrade bulbs and they cost me £34 i think.....The 50 and 90% bulbs are dearer again.
Next time will buy on line for sure! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts