Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strangely my dipped beams have stopped working meaning i can drive with side lights or full beam only at the moment !

Logically both blubs going together is very unlikely so presume it's a fuse (are both lights on same fuse ?) or maybe a loose wire ?

Has anyone else had something similar ?

Might pop a bulb out to check but is it obvious if a bulb has gone ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
different fuse for both lights. always stat with checking the bulbs. You'd be surprised how many come into the garage with "2 bulbs out at the same time". I'm thinking they've been driving with 1 bulb out for a while but didn't notice...

I looked the Giulietta eLearn and the body computer controls the lights, so if it's not the bulbs or the fuses, check the column switch. On the G it's a 2 wire system, the column stalk varies it's resistance according to the selecrion made. I don't know if this is the same on the 159.

·
Registered
887 Posts
i guess that switch is in forced headlamp position (mean not auto if you have one with such functionality). start from bulbs and fusrs quick checks.
as next it is worth to look into 159 eLearn. one for 2.0 does nit exist as CD version (paid web or usb only) , but any other engine will do, headlamps electrics is the same (can confirm as i retrofitted xennons to my tbi, and needed to build myself all xennon looms)

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys ordered a set of osrams and some fuses from eurocarparts for about £10 !! - great savings with code 'blackfriday' atm if you need anything !

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
alfa has been using bulb failure warnings since the eighties, but the dipped or main beam was never part of the system. And there's no need to, it's the one bulb that is obvious as it fails.
Its not always obvious in conditions where you want the lights on , e.g. rainy dismal daylight hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts