Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning, left side headlight washer jet cover plastic thingy was in front of the car. possibly it got frozen some while back and loosened by activation of the jet, and over night it somehow fell down.

luckily, the plastic cover is there, but i couldn't find how to fit it. It doesn't look like there is a clip to hold it, although it has a few bits behind. is another piece holding it to the nozzle broken?

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine fell off once after hitting a rabbit and it just clipped back on. I did have to pull the arm out slightly to make it easier to fit but it just sprang back in once fitted. Hard to tell whether there is anything missing from your pic without taking mine off again but it does look similar.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...

i didn't pull th enozzle mechanism, possible that it would work that way. though, i'll check with a dealer tomorrow anyways. i believe, this should be covered within the warranty. i have to ask about an annoying buzzing noise from electricity and some squealing from brakes, too...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply...

i didn't pull the nozzle mechanism, possible that it would work that way. though, i'll check with a dealer tomorrow anyways. i believe, this should be covered within the warranty. i have to ask about an annoying buzzing noise from electricity and some squealing from brakes, too...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dropped by the dealer today; the guy checked and told me that the plastic on the nozzle part is broken, so he'll order a new piece. (apparently you can just pull the nozzle arm out :))

though he said the bumper needs to come off and it is a half day's work. now i am having doubts that such work is required, as you can pull out the nozzle, and possibly replace it. will the whole mechanism get replaced? (the plastic cover isn't broken, but the plastic that holds it to the nozzle piece is)

i really hope warranty covers this. how does one check if they do?
And is replacement car also covered by european warranty?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlight washer jet cover part number

this morning, left side headlight washer jet cover plastic thingy was in front of the car. possibly it got frozen some while back and loosened by activation of the jet, and over night it somehow fell down.

luckily, the plastic cover is there, but i couldn't find how to fit it. It doesn't look like there is a clip to hold it, although it has a few bits behind. is another piece holding it to the nozzle broken?
Hey there :), I just found your post this morning. I have a similar problem, only that my washer arm was completely ripped out of the car and stolen probably :(. From the attached image, it's not that clear what part number this piece has. I have tried looking for it like crazy but could not find it on the web yet.

I would highly appreciate if you could give me the part number written on the back of the piece.

Cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi,

it was replaced within warranty back then. the part number on the bill is 71754527.
though, my giulietta is german model with left-hand drive, so, there might be differences.

best,
f.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts