Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the drivers side headlight which keeps going out then comoing back on.

It does this even when the car is stationary???

Checked the connection to the bulb, checked the connections near the light and all looks as it should be. Spent 1 hr, got the light to work, closed the bonnet then 1 min later light goes off.

Any ideas? - I need to know if there is any connectors further down stream that may be causing a problem.

Oh and the high beams works fine no matter what????

V

·
0 Posts
As you look at the light just come forward to the RAD and on the cross member you will see an Earth bolt with 2 or 3 cables, undo it clean it and put battery terminal grease on after :)

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I take it you've tried replacing the bulb itself or even swapped from the other side. I've have bulbs that had a loose filament which connected and then disconnected repeatedly.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
That's odd, as I had a passenger headlight which kept on doing that, although it seems to have cured itself now :confused:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Can't be the relay otherwise both lights would be affected. As well as the points above, check fuse 12 under the dash is seated properly

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've also had a headlamp bulb in the past which would go out and then come back on. Sometimes it would be OK for a few journeys and then stop working on a trip but be OK next time. Same as above. It turned out to be the filament making and breaking every so often. Funny though, as you looked at it you could see no breaks in the coil. Must have been further in the bulb. As suggested swap them over to know for sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A huges thanks for all your help here guys, I will swap the bulbs tonight before i do anymore..... will keep you posted!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
That's good news :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts