Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please to save my sanity answer this which bulbs are which on this photo, dipped, main headlight, fog. (For my dipped I bought the H7)

Both my dipped bulbs stopped working so I set about changing, I changed number 1 on the screenshot which didn't work so tried number 2 but got in a mess with the damn clip. I'm armed with a mirror, torch and 1 hours patience to attempt this nut want to make sure I'm changing the right ones

One turn for dipped - nothing happens
Two turns for main - works ok (number 2 comes on)
Push lever for fog - works ok number 1

How can this be??!?!

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
One turn = side lights
2nd turn = dip beam
Push for main beam.

Fog is on a separate button.

On your pic
1 = main beam
2 = dip beam
outer = fog.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gawd I feel daft. Still don't really get it, the first click (for sidelights), which bulb should come on 1 or 2?

Thanks

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Someone please to save my sanity answer this which bulbs are which on this photo, dipped, main headlight, fog. (For my dipped I bought the H7)

Both my dipped bulbs stopped working so I set about changing, I changed number 1 on the screenshot which didn't work so tried number 2 but got in a mess with the damn clip. I'm armed with a mirror, torch and 1 hours patience to attempt this nut want to make sure I'm changing the right ones

How can this be??!?!

If that photo is your car, then it has Xenons which means that the dipped (Xenon) beam bulbs are not an item that needs to be replaced regularly.

To change all bulbs on a GT with Xenons you need to take the front bumper off (not as bad as it sounds) and there's a good guide on here to help with that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that photo is your car, then it has Xenons which means that the dipped (Xenon) beam bulbs are not an item that needs to be replaced regularly.

To change all bulbs on a GT with Xenons you need to take the front bumper off (not as bad as it sounds) and there's a good guide on here to help with that.
Nah not my car, didn't realise there was more than one type.. it's a 55 reg so normal bulbs for me

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
I hope you haven't been driving round at night with just the sidelights on thinking it was the dip beam...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another hour lost trying to do this and I gave up with agonising back ache from arching over to inspect and maneouvre

DavidC hit the nail on the head.. I'd been trying to replace the wrong bulb thinking dipped bulb had gone when it was the sidelight, a much smaller bulb. So, another £10 for the bulbs and £10 for fitting my local garage sorted my mess and put it all how it should be!

Relief at last! And nope, definately haven't been driving round with just the sidelights on.. I'm daft, but not THAT daft :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

That's the Supercharged 3.8 from Autodelta with the horrible blue alcantara interior ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Another hour lost trying to do this and I gave up with agonising back ache from arching over to inspect and maneouvre

DavidC hit the nail on the head.. I'd been trying to replace the wrong bulb thinking dipped bulb had gone when it was the sidelight, a much smaller bulb. So, another £10 for the bulbs and £10 for fitting my local garage sorted my mess and put it all how it should be!

Relief at last! And nope, definately haven't been driving round with just the sidelights on.. I'm daft, but not THAT daft :lol:
nah you've been using sidelights & fogs :cheese:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts