Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoi ! Im having huge issues with a headlight project on my GT.im just removing the headlight lenses to color the inside like the blackline lights. Ive done this in the past on the stock headlights ,just a heating gun , bend the clips and theyre off.. But i recently bought a new pair of magneti marelli headlights and now when doing the same the lens wont budge , it seems the sealant doesnt react to the heat as the others did ..its stuck no matter what i do ! Any ideas on how to tackle this ? Im annoyed beyond belief :) cheers :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I baked mine in the oven, 5 mins at 150℃ the glue was soft enough for me too remove the lens. Be careful though as you don't want the light unit touching any sides or the top as you could damage it with the heat, I also Sat in on something so it didn't directly touch the bottom either.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Some of the later lights are sealed with stuff called Permaseal, which is very hard, rather than the softer butyl stuff on older cars, had a fight with my lenses getting them off.

Was a case of heating as said above, but was a long job as I could only loosen about 25 to 40mm at a time before it went solid again.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts