Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. was cleaning the car today and noticed i have two massive gaps where the headlights meet the wings. is anyone elses alfa 147 like this? dont think my car has had a bump because everything else looks original. can anyone give me any pointers on how to get them to fit a little better? ill post some pics tomorrow to give everyone an idea of how bad the gaps are.

G

·
I've noticed them too, its not that obvious until your down there polishing or trying to get the flies off the bumper though :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more like attention to details :cheese:
attention to detail is spot on mate. i dont understand it. they make the care look so beautifull then dont give a monkeys about panel gaps??? its a good job they made the bit that makes you go foward perfect!!!!:)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
my 156 too, just undo the bolts thats holding them in and push them to the body, and hold them there while you do them up. simple, well sort off coz you need to get behind the bumper for two of the bolts:rant:

but to be fair, i think you will find though, that most cars have gaps between the lights and the panels, because if they were touching, and the bolts work themselves loose (like they do) over time, then they would rattle like mad. it would end up being one of those rattles that does your head in because you cant find it, and the lights would be one place you would never look:lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ive managed to get one side much better by undoing the wing and pushing it then tightening it back up, but the passenger side wing has a gap above the headlight so im just gonna have to live with it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but on my 156,
one side of the bonnet to wing the gap is perfect,
but on the other the bonnets higher by about 1cm and a bigg panel gap too,
Shall i put that down to alfa's 'attention to detail'?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry to hijack the thread, but on my 156,
one side of the bonnet to wing the gap is perfect,
but on the other the bonnets higher by about 1cm and a bigg panel gap too,
Shall i put that down to alfa's 'attention to detail'?
for the gap loosen the 2 torq bolts on the wing and the 13mm bolt on the slam panel, push the wing in and retighten. as for the height see if you can screw the rubber hight adjuster on the slam panel down till you have the correct bonnet height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts