Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, are the clear front covers on the Giuliettas headlights easy to change once the light is removed?

I have the chance of a set of lights with the dark insides, but the covers have scratches. The ones on my car are perfect so was considering buying them and swapping the covers.

They look like they just clip on, but I wanted to be sure. :)

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
They are pretty complex mouldings and the bezels themselves internally are in more than one piece from the looks of it. Not recommended.

·
Registered
38,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I see... :(

I suppose ther other plan would be wet and dry with some cutting compund afterwards.

The scratches are pretty deep though so they might look a bit rippled when done.

·
Registered
38,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question..

If a light unit is a Xenon (HID) type, it is possible to swap parts over to make it run standard halogen lamps?

It is a case or removing ballast units or is it more complicated?

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
not really . The bi-xenon HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights are high and low beams. Compared to traditional halogen lights, the Xeno system can supply 200 percent more light. In addition to ensuring improved safety when driving, these lights also require approximately one third less energy compared to the respective halogen lights, and their lifecycle is comparable to that of the vehicle.

The lights also feature AFS (Advanced Frontlighting System) which adjusts the light beam, in terms of concentration and width, not only in relation to the steering and dynamic vehicle conditions, but also to weather conditions and visibility, vehicle speed, curving radius and the sides of the roads.

·
Registered
38,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great cheers for that. All I am searching for now is a driver side non-HID lamp with the dark insert. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts