Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Brera '06 2.2 JTS
303 Posts
I normally buy Osram Nightbreaker Silver (+150%) and they give off enough light to be usable at night where there are no streetlights, etc. Nobody seems to have them in stock currently though so have upgraded to Osram Nightbreaker Laser (+200%) for an additional £5 for a pair of bulbs.
Complete rip-off in my opinion, they last probably six months, but as with anything there is no alternative but to pay these prices.

· Registered
174 Posts
I've had two pairs of Halfords H7 +150% or 200% (can't remember which) in for a few years, acceptable light level, one of the dipped has just gone so not bad longevity although I don't do a huge amount of driving after dark and use the auto on function. I would like to upgrade to LED but given the iffy legal status, age of the vehicle and hassle it doesn't seem worth it for me.

· Registered
301 Posts
I use Osram 150% been on for about 18 months, I don't do a lot of night driving. but I'm happy with the light put out by them. The illumination I get from the 939 head lights I find is much better than in a 916, you want to see what its like driving with bad headlights, drive a 916 GTV with standard bulbs (it only slightly better with Osram nightbreakers). Its kind of like having my dog in headlights setting his own farts on fire!!!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A bulb went and I just replaced it with a H7 and I noticed the difference, will try matching it with whatever is in the other one. Don't know about scratches but it's certainly filthy with the gritting. The lenses on my Fiat cloud over periodically does that happen to Brera's?

· Registered
Brera '06 2.2 JTS
303 Posts
I think some people don't take great care when cleaning the headlights and they become scratched and this can dim the light slightly. By far the greatest problem however is literally the tiny size of the headlamp itself which doesn't allow out much light unless you put in some proper heavy duty lighthouse spec bulbs.
But would we change the face of our cars to make bigger headlamps...er no.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts