Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oky troops, how do I manage to get the headlights to adjust up and down?

I need to make the right hand side (drivers side) light go downwards.
I have got the little 3 step wheel inside for electronic adjustment.
Can't see anything on the back of the lights and the re-test for MoT is Tuesday, I have no time to get to a garage so it is a do it yourself time jobbie.

HELP!

ASAP appreciated!

See thread Sunroof-Grrrrr for reason for annoyance at car at present!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Andy, you need to look under the rubber cover that sits over the top of the lamps. Underneath you will find the adjustment screws.

Colin.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the subject of lights........the V6 headlights are awful but the twinny's are great. Whats going on?

Could be the headlamp protectors fogging the beam but they were still better on the twinny. Reflectors look ok :confused:

Any recommendations on bulbs (not expensive ones!)

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't see any rubber cover, all i have below the black slam panel is a grey back cover to the light cluster and the elctrical connection.

What do the adjusters look like (am I just being a total retard here?)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Phillips Vison plus bilbs but no good if you can't align them!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the big rubber covers on top of the slam panel. Right above the lights when you lift the bonnet.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry mate, the V6 has a solid slam panel, no rubber bits, all metal. There are two small (About 10p) sized holes above the lights but there doesn't appear to be anything under them!

Any other ideas?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay now, I have just been for another poke around, I have not found anything that looks like an adjuster, all I can see are 4 hex bolts at the 4 corners around the back of the light assembly. No other way to twiddle with anything at all.

HELP!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had a thought, above the light lenses is what looks like a pop-rivet/pop clipped black plastic screen, looks like it could be the key.
Anyone wanna confirm this before I rip it off?
Ta
Andy

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Andy

Would`nt it be easier to let the garage adjust them when you take it back for re test wink It will only take a couple of mins and they have a beam setting machine

If you start fiddling with the adjusters how you gonna know if you`ve gone far enough :confused: or even too far :confused: and totally **** the headlight aim up all together :rolleyes:

Might be best to let them do it thats if they even re check the aims most places don`t eek! :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AndyMac:
Just had a thought, above the light lenses is what looks like a pop-rivet/pop clipped black plastic screen, looks like it could be the key.
Anyone wanna confirm this before I rip it off?
Ta
Andy
I would stick with Speedy's suggestion and not play with them TBH. But if you must, those "pop-rivet" covers need the centre pin pushing out to get them off........and look for where the pin falls :rolleyes: they're easy to lose :D

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the subject of new lamps.. Auto Express did a product test of headlamp bulbs.

The articles are available at www.autoexpress.co.uk in the product test section.

Hope that's what you are looking for...

Robert.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All sorted. I approached the pop rivet things with a very large flat bladed screw driver, eased the whole thing off from underneath. Adjusted the light on the garage door and then pushed the black thing back in. All sorted, no lost bits.

Silly arrangement though!

Andy

PS Saw the Autoexpress article too. It would seem that either Phillips or Osram are the ones to go for and all the rest are pants. Especially Halfords own. He he he.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AndyMac:

PS Saw the Autoexpress article too. It would seem that either Phillips or Osram are the ones to go for and all the rest are pants. Especially Halfords own. He he he.
Guess which ones I've got fitted at the moment :rolleyes:

Just bought some Philips lamps from Ebay, about a tenner less than AE paid :D I'll report back if anyone is interested eek!

wrinx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts