Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just bought super bright bulbs from Halfords,got them to fit them only paid £6.99 as i had already removed the one that had blown.When I turned them on when it was dark it seems that they are pointing to high.

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
If you put them in wrong they won't seat properly and the beam will point in the wrong direction....

Is your main beam still correct and your dip beam too high?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi its the dip beam the seems to be too high. The bulb has a lug on it so is it possable to fit it wrong would have thought the Halfords guy knew what he was doing .

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
hi its the dip beam the seems to be too high. The bulb has a lug on it so is it possable to fit it wrong would have thought the Halfords guy knew what he was doing .
bad thought

its possibly a seating issue or the spring clip as come undone......does the buld look to be sat level when u look through headlight glasss

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
...The bulb has a lug on it so is it possable to fit it wrong
Yes it is possible to fit it wrong and as I've said if you do the bulb won't seat properly and the aim will be wrong.

would have thought the Halfords guy knew what he was doing .
:lol:

BUT please double check that the main beam is correct before you move the bulbs.
The main and dip beam can't be adjusted separately.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will check them wed day off, that would mean he put them both in wrong, stretching it a bit that is. It may be just me any one know where I could go to get them checked

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
that would mean he put them both in wrong, stretching it a bit that is.
Not really. We are talking about a guy from halford here :)

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
Plenty of forum members have put them in wrong, so not stretching it at all for someone at Halfords to do it.

But YOU MUST check the main beam because they may be correct now, but wrong before. That has happened on here several times...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi David not sure what you mean ?? put main beam on seems to be ok will check both bulbs tommorow to make sure seated correctly

·
Registered
195 Posts
As DavidC said its quite easy to misalign them, and still (just) possible with the lug at the bottom.

As a rough guide, if you park about 5m away from a wall (at night) the dipped beam pattern you are looking for is something like below where the horizontal cutoff is slightly below the headlight centreline.

See www.coolbulbs.com/HID-VISUAL-HEADLIGHT-AIMING-PROCEDURE.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi folks thanks for all your help David C was right, the Halfords guy did not fit them correctly. He had only one part of the clip seated not both with the result bulb was not allined correctly.Refitted them yesterday used a mirror which helped all ok now. Got bulbs from Halfords 50% brighter BOGOF offer well worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts