Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if/ how you can stop the headlamp washers working on a 156 on a 52 plate
Are they powered by a separate fuse or pump
Is this even possible to do if so how do you do it

·
Registered
354 Posts
Does anyone know if/ how you can stop the headlamp washers working on a 156 on a 52 plate
Are they powered by a separate fuse or pump
Is this even possible to do if so how do you do it
Easiest solution is to remove the connector to the pump on the washer bottle. At least it was on mine. The pump for the headlights is separate from the windscreen washer pump and if I remeber correctly was the lower connection.

·
Administrator
87,027 Posts
Check the Owner's Manual to see if it's on a separate fuse ( it is on the F/l 147, I don't have access to a 156 manual so I can't check that ) , if so just remove it :thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
there is a separate pump for the headlight washers on the pre facelift. When the pump went on mine I just blocked off the outlet from the pump with a self tapping screw and gasket seal. i was fed up of the washers emptying the washer bottle every few days, and spaying the car every time I used them.

However. I'm pretty sure that for 2012 the MOT requires cars with headlight washers fitted to be working So it might be worth making sure they work.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
There is a fuse for the washers in the glovebox. Only cars with HID headlights will need them to be working for the MOT.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys, i had a look in between the rain and have disconected the headlamp washer pump and blocked the pipe
the mot is only for hid lights from what i have just googled
good job as the remainder of the pipe is sitting in the bin and one of the washer jets has snapped off hence the reason for wanting to stop the pump working

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys, i had a look in between the rain and have disconected the headlamp washer pump and blocked the pipe
the mot is only for hid lights from what i have just googled as rockhopper said
good job as the remainder of the pipe is sitting in the bin and one of the washer jets has snapped off hence the reason for wanting to stop the pump working

1 - 10 of 10 Posts