Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent lack of rain in the UK I've come to notice that the headlamp washers on my 66 QF are no longer firing when washing the windscreen. There's no reference to a specific fuse, so I can only think this is a software bug on my version or a hardware issue. Anybody else encountered?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both, the manual's fuse list is certainly incomplete! I'l check the fuse and if it's not that I'll get it looked at under warranty. I have a rattle coming from the dial cowl so will get that sorted at same time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I cannot check at the moment (car in dealership) but often the headlamp washers are on a program that is dependent on number of washes and the headlamps being on. One of my previous cars would only wash the headlamps once in five activations of the windscreen washers when the headlamps were on. Nightmare. So on long summer days when headlamps are rarely on the bugs and dirt would build up and never get washed.

But I could be wrong, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot check at the moment (car in dealership) but often the headlamp washers are on a program that is dependent on number of washes and the headlamps being on. One of my previous cars would only wash the headlamps once in five activations of the windscreen washers when the headlamps were on. Nightmare. So on long summer days when headlamps are rarely on the bugs and dirt would build up and never get washed.

But I could be wrong, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Medal for you my good man, with headlights flipped to on from auto they fire off. Saved me a lot of faff on a Sunday morning!

·
Administrator
87,619 Posts
And possibly only with dims on, they don't work if you have on full lights, on the 147 anyway IIRC.

·
Administrator
87,619 Posts
Same here, they've been disabled on my 147 for years, I wouldn't have specced them as an option but they were included in the winter pack.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Has anybody just removed T17 relay to disable the headlight washers? I would like to disable mine, is it OK to remove without disconnecting the battery?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts