Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again my headlamp washer cover has broken. This is the third time! The first two went missing - flew off presumably when using along the motorway. The first replaced under warranty, but the second I had to pay as the warranty was over. Last time I added some fishing line to keep it attached just in case. Now the cover is still there, just not attached as one of the struts on the cover has broken.

Anyone else have this problem? I think it must be a design fault as this keeps happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes happened to one of mine, came off during a trip, even though car was still in warranty the garage would'nt replace it because it was'nt there because i could'nt prove that it was'nt me that had broke it or it was a fault with the cover, typical dealer. So had to pay for a new one myself & spray it, not cheap.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes happened to one of mine, came off during a trip, even though car was still in warranty the garage would'nt replace it because it was'nt there because i could'nt prove that it was'nt me that had broke it or it was a fault with the cover, typical dealer. So had to pay for a new one myself & spray it, not cheap.
So i guess we are the only ones ****, no-one else seems to have suffered this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't suffered from this but only had the car a couple of weeks. A good FYI though so I'll sure be careful and keep an eye out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Once again my headlamp washer cover has broken. This is the third time! The first two went missing - flew off presumably when using along the motorway. The first replaced under warranty, but the second I had to pay as the warranty was over. Last time I added some fishing line to keep it attached just in case. Now the cover is still there, just not attached as one of the struts on the cover has broken.

Anyone else have this problem? I think it must be a design fault as this keeps happening.
Mine ALMOST came off when we had -9°C weather here... I'm thinking it was frozen to the bumper when I tried spraying

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
the dealer can't claim for warranty either without the broken piece. If they get caught they have to pay a fine 10 times the claimed amount....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I managed to set the broken piece in epoxy glue, and added a steel washer to the back of it with epoxy for extra support. Seems much more solid now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts