Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a tip on you tube using rubbing compound and polish .....has some in the shed :) ...., worked a treat !

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've used the 3M Headlight Restoration Kit on a Clio 172. Amazing product, the headlights were really hazed and the kit brought them back up. Easy to use and great results

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Joss has recently done his beadlights using a kit, have a look in the GTA section & theres a few kits people have suggested. His looked much better when they were done :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yep did mine recently using the 3M kit. Came up a treat.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do these kits stop the yellowing coming back?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
No, all you are doing is removing a thin layer of the plastic lens to get down to the clear stuff so it can come back. Worth using some type of UV protection on the lens to slow it down, sealant or even wax will probably help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
would clear lacquer do help stop the yellowing after using the restorer?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Probably would help if done right, would try a google off it for the right stuff to use though, or possibly a clear film with some kind of UV protection in it would do the same job and stop any stone damage at the same time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used the Holts kit but finished them off with the Meguiars kit. Holts kit gives you a small disk to fit on an electric drill and various grades of wet and dry which you need to use until all marks and scratches are taken out then use the polishing sponge disk. I found the Meguiars kit with just the polishing compound and the polishing disk they provided produced a better final finish but it is no good for any deep scratches or marks. Once polished you need to seal lens otherwise it will happen again.

·
Administrator
87,339 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts