Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's maybe nothing but a few weeks ago the n/s headlamp bulb (dipped beam H1 55W doodah) died. I stuck a new one in there.. no worries.

A couple of weeks later, the o/s one died. Again, no bother.. it has to have done similar hours to the other one, I thought. I bought a new one and fitted it.

Now just a month later, the o/s one has died again. I may be just unlucky.. but obviously it could also be some kind of trouble in the BBoB... :eek:

What would cause a bulb to die in just a few weeks?

I mean car issues, not a bad bulb (it was a Bosch.. regular sort of bulb, not Blue or Yellow or anything special) or vibration or shock etc. Everything behind the hatch looks clean and tidy and in good condition, so it's nothing due to poor condition components.

Ta (hoping the new bulb lasts forever now...)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
One of mine has also just blown after 11 years of use. Now replaced with a new one (branded - "Ring" I think it was) so we'll see how long that one lasts.

As they say, they don't make them like they used to. Even the branded items these days are still probably made in China on the cheap :D

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... I'm hoping it's just a coincidence that both bulbs died within weeks of each other and one of the replacements didn't last long at all... :eek:

Otherwise my old beast is running pretty well and has not had any electrical tantrums at all...

I guess a defective or poorly made bulb is most likely to die in the first few days/weeks of use.. so it could all be okay.. but I get a bit jumpy when things start acting strange... that's all! :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I stuck in a cheap Halfords one this time rather than Bosch.. in case it blows again (no sense in burning up a dearer one)... but it'll hopefully now last for years.. :D I'll know by the end of January if I have a problem or not.

Ralf S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts