Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i installed my headunit and it works ok (ish)

but im sure it doesnt sound anywhere near as good as it should... which i think is something to do with the Bose system
alsothe stereo doesnt come on when the car is turned on and it fergots its settings and radio stations... :(

can anyone help me keeping things simple with pics would be a bonus or even better come and sort it for me lol! (ill pay beer tokens)

thanks in advance and look forward to some sort of reply :)

scott.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
The only thing i can add is i think it might be the blue cable causing the unit not to power on and keep settings etc

Also, i think you just need to find a balance on the sound, just play around with settings ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought this too.... the 'remote' wire? (probably wrong) but i tried following the guide on here and all the numbered plugs leads etc ie, A7 A5 all gets confusing for me

i can get photos if it will help at all to where i am at the moment with the wires....

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
The headunit is not keeping its settings because the powerwire is connected incorrectly.

Refer to the Guideline for installation: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/153629-how-to-install-aftermarket-headunit-guide-147-156-and-gt.html

In particular, note that the wire in the Alfa plug in position A7 needs to connect to the yellow powerwire on your new headunit. This is the main 'constant' power feed, and keeps the settings.

If your car has an ignition wire (sounds like it does) in position A4, this needs to connect to the red powerwire on your new headunit.

What model headunit is it? Have you connect up the steering wheel control interface ok?

If there is sound coming from your BOSE amp, then you must have connected the blue/white remote output wire properly, otherwise the BOSE amp will not turn on....are you SURE you have BOSE?

:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just printed a diagram of the alfa plug and the how to guide, ill have a play tomorrow....

do the wires just need splicing and soldering into or will it be pretty self explanitry when i pull all the wires out?

thanks for your help

D

·
0 Posts
If you have sound at all then the remote wire must be connected otherwise the bose amp wouldnt turn on.
How have you connected the head unit to the wires if the car ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got an adaptor and plugged the two black and three smaller plugs into it.... hope that is what you asked..

D

·
0 Posts
It is - sort of :)
Can you post a link to the connector ?
Oh and make sure the plugs are securely connected may just be a bad connection

D

·
0 Posts
Ok without a diagram its impossible to be 100% sure but it doesnt look like it provides a direct connection to remotely turn on the bose system after all.

In that connector there should be a wire labelled "remote" probably blue - that needs to be connected to the only connection in the little yellow plug that you took out the back of the original head unit.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5046/5246326882_99c079a6f5_b.jpg

As for losing its settings - Does your head unit switch on and off with the ignition ?
If it does then the yellow and red wires from your head unit may just need swapped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts