Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving through limehouse tunnel last night listening to my Ipod in my GT and upon entering the tunnel, my head unit started to display alarm and the music stopped. upon exiting the tunnel, the music started again and the display vanished. i have driven through so many tunnels however it was the first time i drive through limehouse tunnel in the GT. does anybody know why this happened?

S

·
0 Posts
That happend to me this evening, to say its odd is a understatment :lol:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
probably related to traffic info or similar. depending upon the settings on the headunit, such things can cut in/out automatically.

:)

S

·
0 Posts
probably related to traffic info or similar. depending upon the settings on the headunit, such things can cut in/out automatically.

Maybe fella, but I have not played around with the settings and before it never happend, it just started recently :(

·
7,713 Posts
perhaps the tunnel does not transmit info all the time - only with hazards, or they may have been testing.

S

·
0 Posts
perhaps the tunnel does not transmit info all the time - only with hazards, or they may have been testing.

Thats a possibility, maybe its something that interups the radio signal incase of a emergency?

·
7,713 Posts
well yes, that's what 'traffic info' is. :p

refer to the radio settings. i think it'll be 'TA' or something like that. designed to cut sound and broadcast any traffic info.

S

·
0 Posts
well yes, that's what 'traffic info' is. :p

refer to the radio settings. i think it'll be 'TA' or something like that. designed to cut sound and broadcast any traffic info.

Ah I got you now, I sometimes put things down without thinking about it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guys, i was not even listening to the radio when it happened to me plus it has never happened before.

·
7,713 Posts
it doesn't have to be radio. the headunit can be set to override any audio source, with such messages. that's IF it was a traffic message.

·
7,713 Posts
:lol: depends what it said. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts