Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nearside head light washer is not working correctly (the pipe is damaged) at present I have disabled the washer function by removing the 20A fuse in the glovebox, but with the new MOT rules I need to fix the problem, so

how do I get to the washer, when the wash function is selected the washer arms rise up from the bumper to spray the headlights and then retract when the cycle is complete, is it possible to make it stay up? Any help will be appriciated.

I have the factory fitted Xenons so the washer unit must work for the MOT

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
How are the washers arms powered? The stem that rises up, gives a spray and then descends into the bumper, how about pulling the fuse during the spraying?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm thats a good idea I think I will give that a go as I would rather not remove the bumper just yet although it will be getting a respray sometime in the future to remove all of the lovely stone chips.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
How are the washers arms powered? The stem that rises up, gives a spray and then descends into the bumper, how about pulling the fuse during the spraying?
They rise up just thanks to water pressure in the system. No way to keep them out just by themselves without spraying. You can ask somebody to activate the washers and when they rise us you can catch it by hand and keep it out. You you can even pull them out by hand only, but the spring that holds it is pretty strong so its not easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts