Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anyone know which are the adjustments for up and down on the headlight assemblies - there are two adjustments on there? Can use trial and error but would be easier to know which..

·
Super Moderator
86,114 Posts
Does anyone know which are the adjustments for up and down on the headlight assemblies - there are two adjustments on there? Can use trial and error but would be easier to know which..
Maybe worth taking it to a dealers or a garage where they can check the lights are set up correctly ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
menu on the + or - button once you turn on the lights has 3 positions btw
lol! Stop telling him that, he knows that already.
He wants to know how to manually adjust them from "under the bonnet."
After all that, I can't offer any insight i'm afraid. haha!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did anyone find an answer to this?
My car's headlights after 3 years have suddenly decided to point low... Hm...

·
Registered
241 Posts
On back of headlight are 2 white adjustment knobs. The inner one does horizontal aiming. Put an 11 mm socket on outer one and by hand rotate top of socket towards outside of car to raise the adjustment. I matched the mark on a wall set by another car that I believed to be good. 1st MOT in 2 weeks so will find out if I passed! Do adjustment only when lights set to '0' on instrument diplay panel.
However why did the adjustment go suddenly? Has the remote control system failed? Have you changed bulbs around that time? Adjustment is easy, good luck.:)

·
Registered
435 Posts
On back of headlight are 2 white adjustment knobs. The inner one does horizontal aiming. Put an 11 mm socket on outer one and by hand rotate top of socket towards outside of car to raise the adjustment. I matched the mark on a wall set by another car that I believed to be good. 1st MOT in 2 weeks so will find out if I passed! Do adjustment only when lights set to '0' on instrument diplay panel.
However why did the adjustment go suddenly? Has the remote control system failed? Have you changed bulbs around that time? Adjustment is easy, good luck.:)
No idea. I had my 2nd service 2 weeks ago and just had my MOT done 2 days ago.
Just noticed it last night.
But thanks for the info. Going to check it out tonight.:thumbs:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just checked the headlamps and noticed that both of them are pointing lower than before.

You can see in the picture that that the projector bit of the headlight is slightly pushed in.
Both headlights are like this for some reason... But I'd imagine it to be an expensive fix as it may require bumper off etc?

I may just self adjust them my self then.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just checked the headlamps and noticed that both of them are pointing lower than before.

You can see in the picture that that the projector bit of the headlight is slightly pushed in.
Both headlights are like this for some reason... But I'd imagine it to be an expensive fix as it may require bumper off etc?

I may just self adjust them my self then.
They just look normal to me. The lens dome does not reach the reflector. There is about 1 cm gap between on all these lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

What does the other knob adjust?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are two knobs, one does the vertical aim ( similar to the motor ) the other does the left to right adjustment.

Use a 6 sided 11mm socket to reduce the risk of rounding off the plastic adjuster.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts