Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After that Paralympic Games joke that snidey little gob****e has the balls to wear a poppy on the Jonathan Ross show :mad:

Jimmy Carr you are a complete two faced ****** :rant:

Never mind the old "if you are offened don't watch or listen" :tut:

It wasn't funny :mad:

Not often I post in here but that twart gets right on my nerves :mad:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an aside, I am convinced that anyone who appears on TV is 'obliged' to wear a poppy :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmy Carr has about a million jokes that are more distasteful than that. From what I hear, squaddies have no problem with the gag at all. In fact it sounds exactly like the sort of thing a squaddie would say themselves.

I suppose the sunday papers don't mind him telling jokes about pedophilia or rape, or civvie disabled people, but as soon as our soldiers are mentioned we all have to leap on the bandwagon and Carr is a traitor to his country.

Carr has always been a supporter of our troops, and from what I've read in recent days, appears to be well liked by our forces, by and large.

Total and utter non story.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm with ya

tell the joke and stand by it

or hide away until it blows over
Just read an article where he states that he has absolutely no regrets about telling the joke, and has continued the theme in material since.

So I guess he is standing by it

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he bitched out on JR
I didn't see it, but certainly not what I've read this past week.

Not be surprised if pressure had been apllied to chill things out though, after Mr Ross' issues in recent times as well.

Carr is a comedian who is all about that slight 'should I really be laughing at this?' feeling. It's his raison d'etre.

Some like it, some don't. No big deal.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he is funny sometimes being on the edge goes wrong and I know it's different for squaddies making jokes about them selves but it can be bad for people who are on the outside looking in.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I find that joke offensive along with a lot of his other material.

I doubt the families, friends and squaddies that have been injured find it amusing either and as Damien there is a difference between the gallows humour of fellow squaddies and a "comedian" like Carr.

I've served time in the forces and know other forces personell that found it less than tastefull.

Like I said in the opening post I think he's an a**e

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't watch Jonathon Ross so dunno what he said, so could someone please tell me??

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I did not see thr JR show or heard about his Joke before this thread so i had a look on google.
It is in bad taste, but no worse than some of his other subjcect matter. Humour is subjective, some will find it funny and some will not.

We all have certain subjects that we dont consider to be fair game for humour, and there will allways be some that are offended by his "close to the bone" humour.

I dont think he intended it to be anything but "funny" I dont personally feel offended by his joke but i can see why there are a lot that do find it so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.