Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 147 with a sony F7500 head unit (mp3) and 6 disk sony mp3 changer.

I am thinking of changing the head unit (my wife wants mine) but would like to either install a hdd based mp3 player, or buy a head unit that can connect to an mp3 changer

I like the DEH-P77MP, but Pioneer don't seem to offer a cd changer that can read mp3s.

Some people will argue that a single slot mp3 in the head unit can hold enough music - trust me, it can't. Not when you are in your car as often as me.

PS - I have a sub in the boot, so pre-outs are essential.

Ta
Dae

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
daesimps said:
I have a 147 with a sony F7500 head unit (mp3) and 6 disk sony mp3 changer.

I am thinking of changing the head unit (my wife wants mine) but would like to either install a hdd based mp3 player, or buy a head unit that can connect to an mp3 changer

I like the DEH-P77MP, but Pioneer don't seem to offer a cd changer that can read mp3s.

Some people will argue that a single slot mp3 in the head unit can hold enough music - trust me, it can't. Not when you are in your car as often as me.

PS - I have a sub in the boot, so pre-outs are essential.

Ta
Dae
can you not just replace the changer for an mp3 1

www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk/acatalog/SHOP_Home_Page_Sony_CD_Changers_376.html

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I run a Kenwood mp3 single CD player and find this is great........if you carry 4 or 5 CD's in the car. Of course a CD changer would be better but in this country the boot can get VERY hot if the car is left in the sun.

I've got a Creative HDD MP3 player but I wouldn't like to use that in the car - too many bumpy roads and far too hot for the healthy use of a HDD.

Your existing setup is ideal - can't you just buy another Sony system?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pick any current blaupunkt headunit and couple it to a Blaupunkt Compact Drive MP3 Player :)

Its basically a little Hard Drive which can take upto 4GB disks known as Micro Drives. Ive still not filled my 4GB disk

It comes with a 1GB disk though not a 4GB and may be a little hard to find as I think Blaupunkt have stopped making them.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Several possible options:

dension do a unit that will take any 3.5" HDD and fits in a din socket.

Traxdata made a device called an M-Station (ajcarter & myself have them) they went bust but they are still around from stock (www.6thplanet.com), you can put up to 120GB in them.

If you fancy an Ipod that and the dension icelink plus (especially if your HU does CD text). Makes you ipod look like a multichanger for 99quid on top of your ipod.

Kenwood used to do somehting called the music keg (10GB hdd).

The cowon iaudio comes with a dock that can interface into the stereo, but you don't get control through the interfaces.

I used to use a single slot player APline 9823 with CD's cut @ 128K this used to be not too bad - had 3 or 4 cd's in the car. the 40GB MStation is great though..

Simon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alfa156man said:
Several possible options:

dension do a unit that will take any 3.5" HDD and fits in a din socket.

Traxdata made a device called an M-Station (ajcarter & myself have them) they went bust but they are still around from stock (www.6thplanet.com), you can put up to 120GB in them.

If you fancy an Ipod that and the dension icelink plus (especially if your HU does CD text). Makes you ipod look like a multichanger for 99quid on top of your ipod.

Kenwood used to do somehting called the music keg (10GB hdd).

The cowon iaudio comes with a dock that can interface into the stereo, but you don't get control through the interfaces.

I used to use a single slot player APline 9823 with CD's cut @ 128K this used to be not too bad - had 3 or 4 cd's in the car. the 40GB MStation is great though..

Simon.
The MStation sounds ideal. Do you have any pictures of it installed?
Do you know if they do an adapter so that you can control it from a Pioneer head unit.

I really really want the Pioneer head unit, but simply can't do it if I can't get some sort of HDD or Changer based mp3 add-in. Some days I spend 6-7 hours in my car and hence a single slot MP3 player simply doesn't cut it.

What do you have your mStation linked up to?

Thanks for the tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts